Community Spirit Race
What: Community Spirit Race
When: Saturday, March 7th, 2020
Where: FAU Stadium & Campus
How: “Walk, Run, or Stroll to Support Your Favorite Charity!”
The Community Spirit Race is a community-wide fundraising event for nonprofit organizations with plans to be one of the largest collaborative fundraising events in South Palm Beach County.
The Spirit Race will feature:
- Certified Accuchip Timed 5K
- 1 Mile Run/Walk
- Kid’s Fun Run
Organizations and businesses recruit walkers/runners/donation-gatherers to raise funds. Funds can be raised for any nonprofit organization, school or church. The run and walk is open to all.
The Logic Behind The Community Spirit Race
Fundraising events are expensive to produce. Upfront costs like venues, food, and rentals add up quickly, and indirect costs like staff time can zap a nonprofit’s budget.
The Spirit of Giving will handle all the event planning details: from venue rentals and permits to volunteers and day of logistics in which they will receive a small percentage of the revenues.
- It is a risk-free fundraising opportunity to ALL area nonprofit organizations, schools, civic and religious groups.
- The event will bring together nonprofits, businesses, and individuals.
- The Community Spirit Race is an opportunity for nonprofits to raise much-needed funds to support the work they do.
- It’s a chance for businesses to “Do Good” in the community while engaging their employees to make a difference.
- And it’s an event that allows individuals to set a goal, raise money, and walk together with friends, family, and neighbors.